Relevant to: Buyers
Navigation tree: Transactions > Orders
When viewing your list of orders, you will see a coloured symbol next to each individual order. This symbol represents that particular order's status. These statuses are explained below.
Awaiting deliveries (blue)
Once an order is made, it will appear at the top of your list of orders (as it is the newest to be created). Newly created orders will have the blue "awaiting deliveries" icon position next to them as a default. This simply indicates that the order has been created but no deliveries have been allocated to it yet.
In progress (yellow)
If a delivery has been allocated onto the order but does not fulfil its minimum quantity requirements, then the status of the order will be updated to "in progress", which is indicated by a yellow symbol.
An order will be updated to "complete", indicated by a green symbol, in the following scenarios:
- The amount delivered is between the minimum/maximum quantity requirements (determined at the creation of the order) AND the delivery end date has been reached.
- The amount delivered exactly matches the maximum quantity requirement.
A user can manually mark an "In progress" order as "Complete" if the order meets the following requirements:
- The order is "In progress"
- The amount delivered is between the minimum/maximum quantity requirements
- The order end date has not passed
- The user is the creator of the order
To manually mark as "Complete", navigate to the Orders feature within the Transactions module and select the desired order - generating the Order Detail Form. Next, click the Options list drop-down and select "Complete Order".
An order is labelled as unfulfilled if the delivery end date has been reached but the minimum quantity requirement has not been met.
If an order is cancelled, the status will update to red.