Relevant to: Buyers
Navigation Tree: Transactions > Payments
A user can generate payments tied to completed deliveries by:
- Navigate to the Payments feature within the Transactions module and select the green "New Payments" button.
- Once selected, a prompt will appear requiring you to select a "Payment Date".
- By selecting "Yes, generate payments", a payment for all deliveries due to be paid on or before the selected payment date will be generated and marked as "unprocessed".
- Once a payment is generated, a corresponding RCTI invoice will be created and marked as "unpaid".
Generating a payment performs two key tasks:
- Looks for all un-invoiced deliveries made by growers (grower deliveries) with a payment due date up to the 'Payment date' specified when the payment is created, and generates a single payment (ABA) file for the payment of all of those deliveries, regardless of the counterparty.
- Generates RCTIs for any un-invoiced grower deliveries. All un-invoiced grower deliveries with a single counterparty are grouped onto a single RCTI, regardless if their deliveries are spread across multiple contracts. For further information on RCTI's, refer here.
And to update a payment once it has been paid:
- Directly next to the generated payment, you can mark the payment as "processed" once the actual payment has been made in your external accounting system.
- In turn, the status of the associated invoices will be updated to "paid".
- If the delivery was created with a future date but within the selected "Payment Date" window, the invoice will remain as "unpaid" until 5:00 p.m. on the delivery date.
To cancel a payment, see this article.