Relevant to: Buyers
Navigation Tree: Transactions > Orders
A user can edit self created orders. The info you are able to order depends on the status of your order:
If the order is 'Awaiting Deliveries', you are able to edit all fields on the order form.
If the order is 'In Progress', you are only able to edit:
- Order End Date
- Some optional fields including Origin/destination reference, estimated delivery date, etc.
- Order quantity - When an order has multiple deliveries the updated amount must exceed the total amount of all prior deliveries
- Freight Information
If the order is 'Completed', you will be unable to edit the order until you have changed it to a different status (see below 'Changing order status')
If the order is 'Unfulfilled', you are only able to edit:
- Order End Date - You can change the order's status from "Unfulfilled" to "In Progress" by extending this to the current or some future date. Note: This date must be within the related contract's delivery window.
- Grade - When an order has multiple deliveries the grade can only be changed to multi grade
- Amount - When an order has multiple deliveries the updated amount must exceed the total amount of all prior deliveries
- Freight Information
To change your order's status:
To change a 'Completed' order to be 'In Progress', you will need to reverse deliveries until the quantity delivered is no longer in tolerance. Make sure you check all deliveries associated with the order by searching Transactions > Deliveries using the Order number - sometimes only one twin delivery can be reversed.
To change a 'Completed' or 'In Progress' order to be 'Awaiting Deliveries', you will need to reverse all the deliveries on the order.
To change an 'Unfulfilled' order to be 'In Progress', you will need to edit the Order end date to be the current or a future date. It must be within the related contract's delivery window.
N.B. You will need to cancel any attached invoices to reverse deliveries.
If it is an 'Unpaid' Tax Invoice, you can follow these steps to cancel. If it is an 'Unpaid' RCTI, you can cancel by following these steps. If your invoice is 'Paid', you will be unable to cancel it and therefore unable to edit the order.