Relevant to: Buyer Users
Navigation tree: Transactions > Contracts > New Contract
Draft Contracts allow you to save draft versions of your Contracts before creating final documents. This may be due to an internal approval process or wanting to capture information upfront when not all details are available. Follow the steps below to create and manage your draft Contracts:
Creating Draft Contract
1. Select "New Contract" and enter as many or as few details as you want.
2. Select the grey "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the Contract form
Feature of a draft contract:
- The counterparty will not see any draft contracts and you are unable to deliver onto a draft contract
- Values in the 'Total quantity' and 'Base price' fields will not be saved unless the user also inputs a 'Base grade'. The same will apply when selecting 'add another grade'.
Updating Draft Contract
1. Select the Contract you wish to update and hit the green "Update contract" button in the top right
2. Update your Contract details, if all the required fields are filled then you will be able to hit "Update contract" button at the bottom of the form. This will change the status from draft to Awaiting Deliveries.
Deleting Draft Contract
1. Select the Contract you no longer need and hit "delete contract" from the Options drop down menu.
2. This will remove the draft Contract from your account so be sure you no longer need it.