Navigation Tree: Transactions > Contracts > Contract Details
Relevant to: Buyers
Orders can be generated in 2 ways:
1. From the Orders > New Order screen. For details on this process see here.
2. Directly from the Contract details screen. For more details on this see below.
Generating Orders directly from the Contract will pre-populate fields where possible, adding efficiency to your transaction flow. To quickly generate Orders you will need to follow a few simple steps:
1. Select the Contract you wish to create an Order onto
2. Click the Options drop down menu in the top right corner and select 'Create order'
3. A new Order form will be automatically generated with pre-populated fields including commodity, tolerance, dates, contract number (origin or destination) and relevant location.
4. Enter all extra Order details including type and weight and quality and select 'Create order'.
NOTE: Once on the Order details screen you can directly create a Transaction Delivery. For more details on how to complete this process view bottom of this article.
Why is the 'Create order' button inactive?
There are a few reasons why the button may be inactive:
- The Contract is 'complete' or 'cancelled'
- The price basis is
- Track Portzone - Buyer
- NTP Port - Grower
- FIS Site - Grower
- FIS Site - Buyer
This is because orders are concerned with the physical movement of grain. For these price bases, as a buyer you don't need to 'worry' what happens to the grain before it arrives at the site. You will need to deliver straight onto the contract without an order.
- If weights and inspection are NOT set to destination.