What to do when a grower warehouses and out-turns their own grain?
When a grower enters into a contract with, or delivers their produce to a buyer/storage operator that uses AgriDigital, they are automatically registered with a Grower Account to view details of their contracts and deliveries, and transfer when needed.
If a Grower, decides to purchase a commodity (i.e. not their own produce, but somebody else's) for their own personal use e.g. feeding their stock, then they are classified as a Buyer. So AgriDigital automatically registers this Grower with a Buyer Account.
In a situation where the Grower delivers and warehouses their own grain and then decides to out-turn it for their own personal use, they have become both the Grower and the Buyer. As they have delivered (Grower) and Out-Turned (Buyer), therefore a Grower Account and Buyer Account are required.
As a Storage Handler, the following steps are suggested for you to out-turn this warehoused grain to the Grower/Buyer and ensure the inventory position has been reconciled:
1. Create a new Organization (with the Grower details), so in-turn this creates a Buyer Account [n.b. you may like to double check that this Grower doesn't already have a Buyer Account, as they may have purchased grain in the past]
2. Advise the Grower that they need to transfer the grain from their Grower Account to their Buyer Account (Steps for the Grower can be found in our Knowledge Base article here)
3. Ask the Grower to notify you when this transfer is complete
4. Navigate to Storage > Deliveries > New Delivery and complete a Buyer Out-turn (Inventory) Delivery with the Supplier being the newly created Buyer account (as the buyer now 'owns' the grain, not the grower)
5. You have now out-turned the inventory successfully.
You will now be able to see in Storage > Inventory > Ownership that the Grower account is reconciled, but The Buyer account is now in a small negative quantity. This is due to shrink. As shrink is always applied to the Buyer, the same process has occurred here, even though the Grower and Buyer are the same person.
So, to clean these small negative amounts up we would suggest the following steps:
1. Navigate to Storage > Orders. Create a New Order (Bin to Bin) and enter the negative quantity amount in the 'Order Quantity'. Select the most appropriate bins to move between, you may have specific segregations called 'shrink bins'.
The Order will now be in an 'Awaiting Deliveries' state.
2. You now want to deliver against this Order. Select 'Create Delivery' directly from the Order:
and deliver against it. This will then 'credit' your inventory position in your Transaction Account by the chosen quantity.
n.b. A little 'hack' for you when it comes to Tare and Gross weight; if for example, you need to total 0.12mt; Enter 1 in Tare and 120 in Gross, this will net at your desired 0.12mt
3. Navigate to Transactions > Inventory and locate the corresponding season and grade, select 'New Transfer' and simply transfer the desired amount to the Buyer account.
Now both Grower and Buyer accounts are reconciled, as is your inventory.