Navigation: Transactions > Order > New Order
The Orders feature provides key logistics functionality. Orders direct the movement of commodities between an origin and destination, by linking a pair of contracts and/or inventory positions.
For further general details on Orders click here.
Consignments are generated by selecting the relevant Orders, a fundamental component of the Consignment process. Orders are used as an instruction for the packing of goods and to automatically generate the Contract delivery.
You are able to Create Consignment Orders in 3 different ways:
- Contract to Contract
- Inventory to Contract
- Contract to Inventory
An Example: Inventory to Contract Order (export Order)
1. Navigate to the New Order form (Transactions > Orders > New Order)
2. Enter details including Commodity, Tolerance and Start/End dates.
NOTE: Start and End dates will be the predicted delivery window for the Order.
3. Generate an 'Inventory to Contract' Order. Here the Origin Type = Inventory and Destination Type = Contract (sale).
4. Select the Contract number generated in Step 1 of the Consignment process.
5. Enter the Order quantity.
6. If you have multiple Contracts for your Consignment, you will need to generate one Order per Contract by repeating steps 1-5 for each Order.
Next Article: Creating a new Consignment