Transaction and Storage Users, Anyone who creates or views deliveries
We display a Delivery Category on the delivery details screens, in the "Location and vehicle details" section.
The Delivery Category indicates if a delivery originally occurred as a Warehouse or Bulk type delivery. It should indicate what kind of inventory was impacted by the delivery, except when the delivery has already been transferred. If a Warehouse category delivery has been transferred, then it now impacts Bulk, not Warehouse, inventory for the organization with title over the stock.
The logic for determining the Delivery Category is as follows:
For storage deliveries into inventory, the delivery type determines the category:
- Receival (Warehouse Inventory) =Warehouse
- Receival (Cash)= Warehouse
- Receival (Bulk Inventory)= Bulk
- Outturn (Bulk inventory)=Bulk
For storage or transaction deliveries onto a contract, the price basis determines the category:
- FIS Site - Grower: Warehouse
- FIS Port - Grower: Warehouse
- NTP Port - Warehouse
- Ex-Farm: Bulk
- FOT - Buyer: Bulk
- FIS Site - Buyer: Bulk
- FOB Port - Buyer: Bulk
- CFR Port - Buyer: Bulk
- CIF Port - Buyer: Bulk
- FIS Port - Buyer: Bulk
- DCT Port - Buyer: Bulk
- Track PortZone - Buyer: Bulk
- Delivered - Buyer: Bulk
- Delivered - Grower: Warehouse
Storage or transaction onto an Order:
- If onto a grower order: Warehouse
- If onto a buyer order: Bulk
- If a Warehouse delivery is transferred to either a contract or reference, it maintains its original category, Warehouse.
- If Bulk inventory is transferred onto a contract, see the contract price basis.
- If Bulk inventory is transferred onto a reference, the type is Bulk.