The AgriDigital team welcome your thoughts and ideas for features. We want to know what the priority is for your company, and when possible, allocate your requests into our release plan. Unfortunately we cannot build every request that we receive, but you don’t know if we can build it until you ask!
Making a feature request
The first step to making a feature request is to open a support ticket to our Customer Success desk. You can do this by clicking the blue Help button on the right-hand side of your screen. Make sure that you include all the details about the feature and include examples or use cases to illustrate your need and priority for this feature.
First, our Customer Success representative may ask for further information about the feature to determine if:
- It already exists but may works differently than you may have expected
- A workaround is already in place which you may use
- It is already in our pipeline and will be releasing it soon
- We have already determined that we cannot accommodate the requested feature.
If your feature request doesn’t fit one of the above conditions, the Customer Success representative will ensure the description has required detail for our review committee to evaluate the request properly.
I’ve made a feature request. Now what?
Once your request passes from the Success desk to the review committee, they will evaluate your request based the release plan and a number of considerations.
The release plan includes the short- and long-term goals for AgriDigital. The review committee determines if and how your request fits into the release plan. Your request will fall into one of four categories after the review committee meeting:
- Outside of 2019 release plan: Your request has been evaluated and it was decided that the feature is outside of our release plan for 2019. This request will be passed onto the Development team to be considered for Release 2 in 2020.
- Your feature request fits the 2019 release plan: the review committee have determined that we will build this feature this year and the development team have allocated this feature to a sprint. Customer Success team will notify you of expected delivery time.
- Your request is already in the release plan: Your request is already in the release plan or will be satisfied with another feature that's getting released and we will notify you when it's live.
You closed my support ticket, but you haven’t implemented my feature request. Why?
For administrative reasons, we have to close your support ticket for feature requests. Our internal process keeps us in check with which customers are waiting for what features, so if we closed your ticket we haven't forgotten about you and your request. When the feature is released, we will let you know directly on the support ticket so you can refer to the original request for context and we also all our customers about the latest feature release.
To see what features we've added recently, you can always check our Platform Updates.
How do I check on the status of my request?
Our monthly newsletter to you will include an updated timeline of what we are releasing for the next 12 months. Here, you can check where your feature is up to and when you can expect it to be released. We will notify you when your feature has been released, but the easiest way is to check our Platform Updates periodically. If you haven't heard from us or the change hasn't appeared in the Platform Updates, your feature request is still in the holding pattern (categories 2 and 3). To ensure we are always working on the highest priority feature, our Customer Success team may check-in with you on your feature requests so we understand what is a priority for you, your team and your customers.